FatMovie Night 22 and 23 October 2021 – Undertaking made to ERA by the organisers
Date: 22 and 23 October 2021
Times: 18:00 – 22:00
Attendees: Estimated 150-250 people per night. Limited to 300 people (excluding Staff).
Location: Emmarentia Primary School
The Movie Night Fundraiser is an event in which movies will be screened outdoors for attendees. The Movie Night supports an organisation called Project O which offers free tuition to the kids of Orlando High School in Orlando, Soweto. The Movie Night will be hosted by FATMediaZA in collaboration with Project O. Last year the money we raised contributed to the Matric Class of 2021’s stationery needs.
The event will adhere to COVID-19 protocols with attendees being screened and sanitised before entering the premises of Emmarentia Primary School.
Noise Pollution Measures
Due to the nature of the event, it is impossible to guarantee an evening without any movie related noise. However, we do intend to implement measures to try to keep the noise at a minimal level using the following points:
- Residents surrounding the venue’s area will be notified with a written notice to inform them of the potential noise concerns within 2 weeks prior to the event. This will include contact details of the relevant organisers’ to contact if any complaints or grievances do arise.
- No music (apart from movie related music once the movies commence) will be played before or after the times of the event.
- Crowds will be dispersed immediately following the conclusions of both evenings to ensure no loitering or related noise.
- The volume of the movie itself will be kept at the lowest level necessary to ensure an acceptable viewing experience.
Details of the event:
- Set up to commence between 15:00 and 16:00.
- Parking will be limited to streets surrounding the school, with security guards on each corner.
- The event will officially open between 17:30 and 18:00 but screening will only start between 18:15 and 18:30.
- Clean-up will commence immediately after the evening’s conclusion, and potentially on the Sunday afternoon. This should have no associated noise concerns.
- Medical and security services will be on hand to ensure a safe viewing experience for all attendees.
Community involvement and acceptance is at the pinnacle of FATMediaZA’s priorities for this year’s Movie Night. We understand our reputation was tarnished due to last year’s misunderstanding, we assure you that this year we will try to do our best to keep the community members of Emmarentia happy and hope that we can create an evening filled with fun for all.
If you want to find out more or have any complaints on the night please contact:
Tameem Hassem – 084 831 0232
Faraaz Ismail – 076 532 9749
Erin Gradidge – 073 936 7509