COJ forms to get rebates on rates
Below are different forms to get rebates on rates.
Post it to: Director Rates and Taxes, P.O. Box 1450, JHB, 2000
OR drop it off at any of the City’s Customer Service Centres for
submission to Rates and Taxes.
1. 70+ pensioner rebate form
Are you over 70, a pensioner, and you own and live in your house that is valued at less than R2.5m? Find the form here (note the original one posted on 25 July 2019 was incorrect. COJ has since sent the corrected version.) Download here: https://era.org.za/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/70-Pensioner-Form-corrected.2019-2022.pdf
2. 60+ pensioner rebate form
Are you over 60; a pensioner; and you own and live in your house that is valued at less than R2.5m?
- If you are dependent on a National Security Grant you qualify for a 100% rebate on successful applications.
- If you are not on a National Security Grant, but your gross monthly income is below R9753, you qualify for 100% rebate on successful application.
- If you are not on a National Security Grant, but your gross monthly income is above R9753 but less than R16716, you qualify for 50% rebate on successful application. In case of dual ownership, at least one of the owners must be 60 years of age or older. The rebate is applicable to one property only.
- In the case of dual ownership, at least one of the owners must be at least 60 years of age.
See other forms below:
Child headed household https://era.org.za/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/Child-Headed-Household-Form.pdf
Residential Rating https://era.org.za/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/Residential-Rating.pdf
Multipurpose residential form https://era.org.za/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/Multipurpose-Residential-Form.pdf
High density residential form https://era.org.za/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/High-Density-Residential-form.pdf
Agricultural residence form https://era.org.za/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/Agricultural-Residential-Form.pdf70-Pensioner-Form-corrected.2019-2022