What ERA has been busy with Jan-March 2019:
* Vacant house in Hill Road (corner Buffalo) When residents complained that vandals had gained entrance through the roof, ERA intervened to ensure that the owners secured the house from vandals and illegal occupation.
* Temple, Buffalo Road After residents’ concerns, ERA undertook site visits, got the building inspector and metro police to inspect and met with COJ planners. Owners have agreed to submit building plans and regularise the use.
* Negotiated a request to host 3 events over one week in August
Event organisers approached ERA about hosting three events at Jhb Botanical Gardens (JBG) on 4 August (Liefde by die Dam), 9 August (Divas) and 11 August (Park Life). They wanted our permission to keep the stage and the fencing in place for a week. JBG had already agreed.
ERA was aware that this event was happening one week after Walk the Talk which always causes huge disruptions to residents. While we were comfortable that none of the events would attract big crowds, and that free parking would be available at Roosevelt High, we were nevertheless insistent that we would only agree if:
· their security ensures that parking is handled well and that illegal car guards are strictly monitored
· sound and time limits (all events end at 6pm) are strictly adhered to
· a portion of the savings they would make by keeping the infrastructure in place, be shared with ERA.
The organisers agreed. Tell us how we should use the income: firstname.lastname@example.org
City Parks has also written to the councillor explaining the rationale for offering to host six events between May and August and has undertaken to address issues such as illegal car guards, sound limits etc. For the detailed letter click on the link below: