Covid-19 – do you need help or can you provide help?
- Do you need ready-cooked meals?
The Delta variant is amongst us. In some households, all family members have it. If you live in Ward 88 and need help with meals, contact Felicity Gratz-Lawlor from Let’s Work on 082 568 1783 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Many people in the Ward are cooking and dropping off meals with her so that security company, SCP, can drop them off with those that need.
- Can you help cook meals?
A variety of meals are needed, (including halaal and kosher, vegetarian). Please label meals (some people have allergies) Containers are available if needed. Drop off details: 107 Preller Ave, Roosevelt Park, Times: Monday – Saturday between 9am – 2pm; Collection can be arranged if needed.
- How can you help local restaurants affected by new Covid regulations? Take a night off from cooking and order in.
Bircan Brunch Cafe: 082 3447152/ 082 339 4355 or Mr D
Fresh Earth: WhatsApp 082 761 9795 for collection or delivery; Also Mr D, Uber Eats or www.freshearth.co.za
Ocean Basket: 011 486 7866 or MrD or Uber Eats
Simply Asia: 011 486 0366/0466/0477 or MrD or Uber Eats
Nadeem Industry Bakery: 082 786 9779 – Call and collect or whatsapp orders accepted
(If other restaurants are still open please e-mail details to email@example.com or post details on Greenhill shops whatsapp group so that we can add details here)
- Drop off food for food hampers for restaurant staff affected by restaurant closures – Drop off details: 107 Preller Ave, Roosevelt Park, Times: Monday – Saturday between 9am – 2pm; Collection can be arranged if needed. Foods needed: mealie meal, packet soup, samp, toilet paper, milk, baked beans, jam, tea, sugar, bread, pasta.
- Buy a R50 food hamper from Greenhill Grocer between 1-11 July
- Support Emmarentia Eventide Home – At least 10 of the staff/residents have tested Covid-positive. You can help by dropping off books, magazines at the Home (hoot at the gate, the bell doesn’t work) for those in quarantine OR by cooking and dropping off at 107 Preller Ave, Roosevelt Park, Times: Monday – Saturday between 9am – 2pm, OR by donating to Let’s Work who are coordinating meals. ERA has donated R1000 for food and sanitiser; thanks also to Hamaadi Labs who tested all residents and staff for free.
- Donate to Let’s Work if you are unable to cook. They will buy food for others to cook or to add to food hampers for restaurant staff. FNB cheque account, Let’s Work NPO#201-696; A/c 628 0129 9472 Your reference – Covid-19
ERA supports this initiative wholeheartedly and urges those that can, to support it in any way possible.